Location: 3228 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, ON - with flexibility for occasional work from home
Closing date: August 3, 2021
What's the opportunity?
We are a service-based business with a fast-paced workplace, and people are at the heart of our success. We are looking for an HR Generalist with a strong recruiting background to help us build our team and create a great workplace.
In this role, you have the unique opportunity to develop initiatives at a strategic level, while also providing front line HR services to employees. You help KOTT deliver on our promise of service excellence by making sure we have a strong and supported team. You are the key HR resource to Leadership, and report directly to the COO.
You are self-directed, a team player, have great interpersonal skills, and are customer-service oriented.
- • Develop and implement a full-cycle recruitment strategy
- • Develop and monitor key performance indicators for HR
- • Analyze HR metrics to identify ways to improve recruitment, motivation and compliance
- • Conduct periodic compensation analysis to ensure we remain competitive in the marketplace
- • Provide support on HR issues to all employees
- • Ensure compliance with employment legislation and government requirements
- • Administer KOTT’s semi-annual performance assessment process
- • Organize training and development initiatives
- • Develop and implement HR policies
- • Oversee KOTT’s employment & pay equity initiatives
- • Supervise KOTT’s dedicated Health & Safety Coordinator
- • Other HR-related administrative duties, as required
What you need to succeed:
Experience & Education
- • Five years’ experience as an HR Generalist in a firm with 100+ employees
- • Proven track record in successfully developing and implementing a full cycle recruiting program
- • Completed University or College level studies, with a focus in Human Resources
- • Experience in a manufacturing or construction-based environment is an asset
- • A Human Resources designation is considered an asset
Skills & Qualifications
- • Strong verbal and written communications skills
- • Fluency in English
- • Strong general computer skills are required, including experience with MS Office products
- • Experience using Human Resources Management software, preferably ADP’s Workforce Now, is considered a strong asset