Human Resources Assistant (3-month contract)
Location: 3228 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, ON
Closing date: May 20, 2022
What's the opportunity?
We are a service-based business with a fast-paced workplace, and people are at the heart of our success. We are looking for an HR Assistant with a passion for recruiting to help support our team and create a great workplace.
In this role, your primary focus is to support the HR team in the recruitment of new employees, the completion of daily HR tasks, and to be a front-line HR service for the organization. The Human Resources Assistant helps KOTT deliver on our promise of service excellence by being a contributing member to a strong and specialized team.
You are self-directed, a team player, have great interpersonal skills, and are customer-service oriented.
- – Phone screen and invite applicants for interview
- – Help with the daily administration of hiring portals: indeed, LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
- – Log and monitor recruitment progress with the HR Administrator
- – Assist in the onboarding process of new hires
- – Support the day-to-day operations of the HR Department
- – Provide support on HR issues to all employees
- – Assign training modules to employees as per HR Administrator request
- – Contribute to the development of HR’s strategic plans for the organization
- – Stay current and up to date with ESA and other legislative requirements
- – Other HR-related administrative duties, as required
What you need to succeed:
Experience & Education
- – One years’ experience in a HR role/ team in a firm with 100+ employees is an asset
- – Proven track record successfully recruiting a high volume of employees
- – Experience in phone screening and interviewing
- – High School or College Studies
- – Studying/Completed University or College level studies, with a focus in Human Resources is considered an asset
- – A Human Resources designation is considered an asset
- – Experience in a manufacturing or construction-based environment is an asset
Skills & Qualifications
- – Excellent computer skills, with experience using HRIS systems and Microsoft Office suite
- – Able to produce accurate work in a fast-paced environment
- – Effective communication skills
- – Excellent time management
- – Detail oriented
- – Fluency in English