Location: 3228 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, ON
What's the opportunity?
KOTT Inc.’s goal is to get our customers what they need, when they need it, and our Fleet & Facilities team plays a huge role in our success.
We are looking for a full-time Mechanic to support our fleet at our Ottawa location.
This is a weekday position – no evenings or weekends. Your hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 6:00 am to 3:30 pm, with the possibility of occasional overtime.
The wage range for this position is $30.00-$38.00/hour – your pay will be based on your skills & experience. A tool allowance is provided, as is a company uniform.
You will work indoors on a wide variety of equipment. It is a fast-paced environment, and you will use your communications and multitasking skills every single day. You are a team player, and your thoroughness and attention to detail positively impact KOTT’s operational efficiency.
- • Your primary focus is to keep KOTT’s sizeable fleet of forklifts up and running, by making necessary repairs and performing preventative maintenance
- • You repair and maintain other vehicles in the KOTT fleet as required, including heavy equipment and tractor-trailers
What you need to succeed:
Experience & Education
- • 3 years of experience as a Mechanic is preferred, but we will consider candidates in their 2nd or 3rd year of apprenticeship
- • Previous experience working on forklift trucks is a strong asset
- • Education in Diesel Mechanics at the College level, or a 310T, 310S, or 421A certification would be a strong asset
- • Aerial platform work experience is an asset
Skills & Qualifications
- • G Class Driver’s license with clean abstract is mandatory; an A or D Class Driver’s license is an asset
- • Proven multitasking skills
- • Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- • Great verbal and written communications skills
- • Fluency in English is required; fluency in French is an asset
Please note that CSA-approved safety footwear is required – KOTT will provide other PPE