Location: 3228 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, ON
What's the opportunity?
KOTT Inc.’s goal is to get our customers what they need, when they need it and our Fleet & Facilities team plays a huge role in our success. We are looking for a full-time Mechanic to support our fleet and our team across four locations.
This is an Ottawa-based role, with travel required as needed to provide services in Carp, Cobourg and Uxbridge, ON. Your main hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 6:00 am to 3:30 pm, but there may be occasional overtime or weekend work. You supply your own tools, and KOTT provides you with a company uniform.
Wage for this position is $29.00 to $33.00/hour – your pay will be based on your skills & experience.
Our forklifts, tractor-trailers, trucks and other heavy equipment are critical to our operations. As part of the team responsible for maximizing fleet uptime, your role is key to helping KOTT deliver ‘on time, in full’.
Working on a wide variety of equipment and dealing with a variety of ‘internal customers’ in a fast-paced environment, you will use your communications, interpersonal and multitasking skills every single day. You are a team player, and your thoroughness and attention to detail will positively impact KOTT’s operational efficiency.
- • Your primary focus is to keep KOTT’s sizeable fleet of forklifts up and running, by making necessary repairs and performing preventative maintenance
- • You repair and maintain other vehicles in the KOTT fleet as required, including heavy equipment and tractor-trailers
What you need to succeed:
Experience & Education
- • At least 3 years of experience as a Mechanic is required
- • Previous experience working on forklift trucks is a strong asset
- • Education in Diesel Mechanics at the College level, or a 310T, 310S, or 421A certification would be a strong asset
- • Aerial platform work experience is an asset
Skills & Qualifications
- • G Class Driver’s license with clean abstract is mandatory; an A or D Class Driver’s license is an asset
- • Proven multitasking skills
- • Great verbal and written communications skills
- • Fluency in English is required; fluency in French is an asset