Stair & Railing Coatings Finisher
Location: Based out of 3228 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, ON
Closing date: August 6, 2021
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for a full-time Stair & Railing Coatings Finisher to ensure that installed stair and railing systems are move-in ready for homeowners.
Stairs and railings become a focal point in people’s homes. You can take pride in knowing you contributed to something that is not only a design highlight, but serves an important function. Working in an ever-changing environment, your day may include visiting multiple construction sites and units. Your attention to detail and hands-on skill and experience, combined with your strong customer-service orientation, will play a vital role in keeping our largest customers happy.
KOTT will provide you with a company vehicle, a company clothing package, tools, and Personal Protective Equipment (except for safety shoes, which you provide).
Wage for this position starts at $17/hour – your pay will be based on your skills & experience
- • Touch up the stain and lacquer on stair and railing systems that have been installed
- • Pre-finish stair and railing parts for the Service team
- • Repair finishing work that has been damaged on site
- • Communicate with KOTT Installation Supervisors and Coordinators, and job site Foremen
- • Conduct vehicle circle checks and maintain daily vehicle logs
What you need to succeed:
- • Experience as a Finisher of stair & railing parts, furniture, or other fine finishing work is preferred
- • Experience with lacquer/paint spraying, particularly with Kremlin spraying systems, is a strong asset
- • Proficiency using lacquer spray bombs
- • Proficiency using cup guns for small finishing jobs
- • Previous experience working on construction job sites is an asset
- • Knowledge of carpentry is an asset
Skills & Qualifications
- • Valid G class license with a clean abstract is required
- • Fluency in English is required; fluency in French is an asset
- • Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and stand for long periods of time is required
- • Proficiency in the use of smartphones, to communicate information and photos from job site to office
- • Ability to read and interpret building plans and drawings is an asset