Stair Service Technician
Location: Based out of 3228 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, ON
Closing date: August 6, 2021
What's the opportunity?
Our Service Techs play a huge role in delivering on our promise and ensuring our customers are satisfied. We are looking for a full-time Service Technician to assess and repair stair issues at new home construction sites, as well as at occupied homes and managed properties.
Working in an ever-changing environment, you will be dispatched to multiple service calls per day. Your hands-on skill and experience, combined with your strong customer-service orientation, will play a vital role in keeping our largest customers happy. At the same time, your ability to quickly troubleshoot, be self-directed, and communicate well will have a positive impact on KOTT’s operational efficiency.
KOTT will provide you with a company vehicle, a company clothing package, tools, and Personal Protective Equipment (except for safety shoes, which you provide).
Wage for this position starts at $17/hour – your pay will be based on your skills & experience
- • Replace damaged hardwood treads
- • Prep (scrape) hardwood treads for finishing
- • Re-veneer hardwood stair stringers and risers
- • Install decorative hardwood trim pieces
- • Repair damaged carpet grade treads
- • Repair stair squeaks
- • Help with stain/lacquer touch ups
- • Coordinate with the KOTT Design team to eliminate stair repairs due to design issues
- • Conduct vehicle circle checks and maintain daily vehicle logs
- • Submit service records for timely processing of warranty claims and invoices
What you need to succeed:
- • Ideally you have studied to be a Carpenter, and have 2-5 years’ carpentry experience
- • Previous experience working on construction job sites is required
- • Experience as a Finish Carpenter is a strong asset
Skills & Qualifications
- • Valid G class license with a clean abstract is required
- • Fluency in English is required; fluency in French is an asset
- • Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and stand for long periods of time is required
- • Proficiency in the use of smartphones, to communicate information and photos from job site to office
- • Ability to read and interpret building plans and drawings is an asset