Location: Flexible/Work from home
What's the opportunity?
Our customers rely on our factory-built components for the quality – and speed of construction – of their new home builds. Your key responsibility is to design wall and floor panels for residential construction, based on customer-provided plans and Scopes of Work.
You appreciate the flexibility of being able to work from home as much as you want to, and relish being part of a collaborative, connected team. Your technical skill will be at the heart of your success, but you will have daily opportunities to demonstrate that you are a team player with a customer service focus.
We’d prefer an experienced Designer (framing components – roof, walls or floors) for this position, but we are willing to train the right candidate.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- – Design panels using Mitek software
- – Identify and flag any design issues or discrepancies noticed during the design process
- – Communicate with KOTT team members to complete designs and send them to production, in accordance with project timelines
- – Communicate with customers, if required, for clarification on plans or details
- – Track work assignments using KOTT’s Enterprise Resource Management software
What you need to succeed:
- – Two years’ experience as a Panel Designer (or other framing components) is preferred
- – Experience working on a construction job site is considered an asset
- – An Architectural Technologist or Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma is preferred, but equivalent work experience will be considered
- – Experience with Mitek design software, particularly Mitek Sapphire, is essential
- – Strong general computer skills are required, including experience with MS Office products
- – Ability to read and interpret building plans and drawings is mandatory
- – Familiarity with the Ontario Building Code is an asset
- – Knowledge of residential building components and construction terminology is mandatory
- – Fluency in English is required; fluency in French is an asset
- – Good verbal and written communications skills
- – Good interpersonal skills and a team player