Shift Leader – Yard
Location: 14 Anderson Boulevard, Uxbridge, ON
What's the opportunity?
You will use your hands-on expertise and your leadership skills to help KOTT achieve our goal of on time, in full order fulfillment. You enjoy physically challenging work, like to be outdoors, and thrive on the teamwork and work ethic that is required to meet the demands of our fast-paced environment.
Your regular schedule is Monday to Thursday from 6:00 am to 3:30 pm and Friday from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm, with overtime hours possible during peak periods.
The wage range for this position is $24.00-$27.00/hour, based on your skills and experience.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- – Fulfill customer orders, handle returned material and ensure the Yard remains clean and organized
- – Lead/direct the rest of the Yard team, to ensure timely and efficient order picking and Yard operations
- – Working closely with the Delivery Supervisor, ensure Yard and Delivery operations are aligned to optimize the delivery schedule, and hit our goal of orders ‘on time, in full’
- – Act as the backup Delivery Supervisor, covering vacations and absences
- – Working closely with the Order Desk, ensure customer pick-up orders are prepared on time and safely loaded
- – Monitor usage of Yard consumables, and work with the Purchasing team to maintain sufficient supply
- – Participate in periodic inventory counts
- – Monitor and assess employee performance
- – Work with management to resolve employee issues or complaints
- – Be a champion for Health & Safety in the Yard – conduct regular Safety Talks with the team
What you need to succeed:
- – Minimum of three years working in an order fulfillment environment
- – Experience as a Supervisor or Team Leader is a strong asset
- – Forklift experience is a strong asset – but we will train the right candidate
- – Organized, able to balance multiple priorities
- – Comfortable working with computers; have experience using Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- – Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- – Customer service orientation
- – Quality and detail orientation
- – Capable of heavy lifting daily, and able to stand for long periods
- – Ability to work well as part of a team