Roofing Service Technican
Location: 3228 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, ON
As a full-time member of the KOTT Inc. Installed Services team, you are dispatched to multiple service calls per day, to assess and repair roofing issues at new home construction sites, as well as at occupied homes and managed properties.
You are comfortable working at heights. You are provided with a company vehicle, a company clothing package, tools, and Personal Protective Equipment (except for safety shoes, which you provide).
Ideal candidates have a strong customer-service orientation, are self-directed, have good interpersonal skills and consider themselves a team player.
KOTT Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, a great values-based work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Occupational Health & Safety is a huge priority at our workplaces.
Your main duties
- » Diagnose leaks and other roofing deficiencies, and generally assess the repair work to be done
- » Communicate the scope of work (documented with photos) to the KOTT Service Coordinator
- » Repair and/or replace asphalt shingles, valleys, flashings, vents and flanges as required
- » Submit service records to the Service Coordinator for timely processing of warranty claims and invoices
Experience & Education
- » Must have 5 years’ shingle roofing experience
- » Flat roofing experience is considered an asset
- » Siding experience, including experience operating a metal break, is considered an asset
- » Experience operating a manlift is considered an asset
Skills & Qualifications
- » Valid G class license with a clean abstract is required
- » Working at Heights and WHMIS 2015 certification is required
- » Fluency in English is required; fluency in French is an asset
- » Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and stand for long periods of time is required for this position
- » Ability to carry, use, and safely tie off ladders of all sizes
- » Proficiency in the use of smartphones, to communicate information and photos from job site to office
- » Safety-orientation, and familiarity with all types of Personal Protective Equipment
- » Ability to read and interpret building plans and drawings is an asset
Applicants please note
- » Reliable transportation is essential as KOTT is not on a bus route
- » Pay will be based on skills and experience
- » KOTT Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
- » Contact KOTT HR if you require accommodations to apply or interview