Senior Truss Designer
Location: Flexible/Work from home
Closing date: May 27, 2022
What's the opportunity?
KOTT trusses literally put a roof over people’s heads. In this role, you will design trusses based on customer-provided house plans, ensuring they are Building Code-compliant, value engineered to be cost-effective, and in accordance with project timelines.
Your sound product knowledge and technical expertise will be at the heart of your success, and you will have daily opportunities to demonstrate that you are a team player with a customer service focus.
You appreciate the flexibility of being able to work from home as much as you want to, and relish being part of a collaborative, connected team.
- • Design roof trusses using Mitek software
- • Identify and flag any design issues or discrepancies noticed during the truss design process
- • Communicate with KOTT Sales, Production and Installation teams to complete estimates in accordance with project timelines
- • Track work assignments using KOTT’s Enterprise Resource Management software
What you need to succeed:
Experience & Education
- • Two years’ experience designing trusses for production is required
- • Experience working on a construction job site is considered an asset
- • A Civil Engineering Technologist or Architectural Technologist Diploma is preferred, but equivalent work experience will be considered
Skills & Qualifications
- • Experience designing Trusses using Mitek design software is required
- • Experience specifying truss hardware including hangers, bearing enhancers, tie downs etc is an asset
- • Experience designing beams using CSD (isBeam) is considered an asset
- • Strong general computer skills required, including experience with MS Office
- • Ability to read and interpret building plans and drawings is mandatory
- • Familiarity with the Ontario Building Code
- • Fluency in English is required; fluency in French is an asset
- • Good verbal and written communications skills
- • Good interpersonal skills and a team player